Wednesday, January 2, 2013

White Chocolate Chip and Blueberry Scones

Baking is probably one of my favorite pastimes. It always helps to calm me down, de-stress, or just cheer me up... after all, who doesn't love something homemade? I love to make these scones on a weeked morning and enjoy with a nice, hot cup of coffee or tea.

 
 
 
 
 Scones from Allrecipes.com, makes 8 servings 
 
Ingredients:
3 cups flour
1/2 cup white sugar
5 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter
1 egg beaten
1 cup milk
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup blueberries
 
Directions:
Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Cut in the butter (it helps to melt it for a few seconds first... I start with about 15 seconds in the microwave). Mix the egg in the milk, then combine with the dry ingredients and stir. Add white chocolate chips and blueberries as desired (I usually do about 1 cup white chocolate chips and a half cup of blueberries... something to consider: my Mom always tells me that I don't add enough blueberries.)
Cut dough in half (easy to do while in the bowl) and roll into a ball. Place on a prepared surface (I just sprinkle a bit of flour on my countertop). Knead dough into a rough circle. Slice into four quarters with a knife. Fold quarters in half and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
 
This is my favorite recipe for scones and one I've made multiple times (and one that has been requested more than that). The great thing about this recipe is that it is so basic (I added the white chocolate chips and blueberries on my own)... you can add whatever you want to tailor it to your own taste. I've made them just plain, with raisins, chocolate chips, and with apples and cinnamon. They have been great every way I've tried them. What would you add?
 
Enjoy!
❤Britt


No comments:

Post a Comment